Ahmedabad is one of the most tourist friendly cities of India. There are plenty of things that one can see and enjoy here. If you are in search of a metropolitan that offers just the perfect opportunities for tourism, then Ahmedabad will definitely be the first pick!
There is no dearth of good hotels Ahmedabad India, and hence you won’t have a problem finding a luxurious place to stay when in the city. With your accommodation in order you can set about to explore the wonders that this city has in store for you. Let’s check out a few of them:
- The Sabarmati Ashram: This is undoubtedly the star attraction of all the tourists who come to Ahmedabad. Located on the banks of the river Sabarmati, this is also often referred to as the Gandhi Ashram. Home to Mahatma Gandhi and his wife Kasturba for a very long period of time, the father of the nation practised farming and developed the concept of producing one’s items of daily need by their own hands here. The Dandi March, which marked the beginning of the Non-Cooperation Movement, also began from this very ashram. You can still visit the hut where Gandhiji himself lived and catch many programmes and lectures that are often conducted over here.
- Swaminarayan Temple: There are quite a few famous temples in Ahmedabad of which this one happens to be the most popular one. The temple is in the Kalupur area of the city. It boasts of a beautiful structure and was built on the orders of Swaminarayan himself. He propounded a certain sect of Hinduism which is followed here. Beautifully ornamented statues of deities adorn the temple grounds.
- The Dada Hari Wav: If you want to witness architectural brilliance of step wells then head out from any one of the Ahmedabad five star hotels where you will be staying to the Dada Hari Wav. There were plenty of women in Sultana Begum’s harem, one of whom had built this wav. The architectural is one to truly behold and admire. The best part of the step wells is the engineering which makes sure that no matter what it remains cooler in the inside even during the sweltering summer days!
- Kankaria Lake: This is another major tourist spot in Ahmedabad. It is no less popular with the locals either! Being one of the largest lakes that this city boats of, this place is full of entertainment factors like boat rides and toy trains! If you visit the city during the month of December, then do catch Kankaria Carnival that is held here for a week during this time of the year.
- Kapasi Handicraft Emporium: No trip is ever complete without some shopping. So, if you want to grab some authentic Gujarati goods then this is the place. Products of all varieties, types and colours are sold here. You will find all the times that Gujarat is famous for here.
Doesn’t it sound simply wonderful? Well, if you want to visit this city of many wonders then start planning your trip to India today!