A LED light is an electrical lightused in lamps, bulbs and other light fixtures which produces light. It produces light by using the light-emitting diode. LED lights usually havelifespans and efficiency that are many timesbetter than other incandescent and fluorescent lights. LED lights also consume energy which 10% of that of incandescentlights. These lights produce light with full brightness. Most of these lights do not produce light in every direction. Though today, omnidirectional lamps radiating light over 360° angle have become more common. LEDs operate as diodes and run on direct current.
In 21st century LED are being used extensively and are extremely popular. These are lights are being used to decorate as well as to light up and illuminate rooms and houses.
There are some very wide varieties of different kinds of LED lights in the market today. The different kinds of LED light characteristics include radiation wavelength, colors, intensity of light and various others. The different characteristics of LED lights are brought about by different kinds of factors. Fabrication technology as well as encapsulation play a huge role in determination of the characteristics of LED lamps and bulbs.
- Colors of LED: Major characteristic of LED light is the colour. Though, initially the colours of LED lights were very limited, nowadays they are available in various colours shapes such as yellow, white, red, blue etc.
- Voltage drops of LED lights: The voltage drop of a LED light is between 2 and 4 volts. Materials used are very important and great factors that affect the voltage drop.
- Light intensity of LED light: Specification of LED lights, regarding light intensity is very important. The light intensity of LED lights is covered by major number of important factors such as material design, encapsulation, current level and many others.
- Efficiency: CFL incandescent bulbs usually emit heat and light in every direction but LED lights only emit light and heat in a particular direction.
- LED bulbs and the generation of heat: In other lights,usually the heat generated is radiated in every direction. In case of LED light bulbs, sink at the base is designed in such a way that it can absorb the heat produced.
Tipsto remember whilebuying a LED bulb or lamp:
- Lumens: Lumens in LED lights is a measure of brightness.
- Colour : LED lights can produce a wide range of colour.
- Dispersion of heat: In order to have a long life for the light, the heat sink in the base should be very useful efficient and of high quality.
In case of LED lights, initial investment has to be a little higher than other lights. Though an expensive purchase, LED lights are very efficient, useful and help to preserve and save electricity. The lights also run longer than any other fluorescent and incandescent bulbs and clamp. Nowadays, LED lights are available in every electronics store and even in online websites such as LED bulbs for home online shopping. So, now, you can buy LED lights online from home.