For the vast nation, such as India, there is no dearth of cities with amazing tourist destinations. However, there are a few cities, which possess picturesque places with an amazing combination of geography as well as history, and also have embraced the modernism that can offer a memorable touring experience. Considering all these criteria, the city of Bhopal is a perfect tourist destination which is also known as the greenest city in the Nation.
There are various hotels in this city where one can enjoy the stay during his trip to this city. The hotel booking in Bhopal can be done through various tourist agencies as well as the websites of the individual hotels also. Here are some of the noteworthy destinations of Bhopal:
- Bhimbetka: Bhimbetka is situated on the bank of river Betwa, and hence the view here is simply amazing. There are some caves here where one can see paintings made by ancient people on the walls and ceiling of the caves. They belong to the Palaeolithic age and hence those who love to explore the history, this is a place that one can afford to miss at all.
- Upper Lake: This is the place where every visitor of this historical city loves to be at. This manmade lake is nothing less than a gem fixed on the ring of this city. There are clubs that operate various boats, and one can hire the boat such as paddle one or speedboat as per the available sources one can hire. There is also an island in the centre of this lake where the tourist can visit.
- National Park: The Van Vihar National Park is also a leading destination here that holds a number of animals and different species of birds. It covers a vast area of 445.21 hectares and hence to move into this park is not easy. There are lions, leopard, tigers and deer as well as many other animals one can see here.
- Raisen Fort: In the forts of this greenest city, how can one forget the presence of Raisen Fort which was built in the 6th century. The fort had a number of man-made lakes, and many of them have disappeared over a period, but still as per the last calculation, there are more than 40 lakes. This fort also has some temples and shrines. It is needless to say that once the king of India, Sher Shah Suri also ruled this fort. Hence, one can know the history here and also enjoy the natural beauty.
- Taj-ul-Masjid: This Masjid is also known as the largest mosque in India as it is spread over 23312 square feet. Sultan Shah Jahan of Bhopal city had made all the arrangements, but after his death, his Begum started to complete his dream, but was not able to do so as there was no money left behind. Later in the year 1971, it was completed.
To visit such moments, do not forget to have a hotel booking in Bhopal online as it can help you get a perfect holiday.