Bangalore attracts people from all over the world. Some come here to pursue a profession or education, while others are attracted by the nightlife and pub culture. It has something to offer for every person and no one can leave disappointed.
Bangalore is termed as the Silicon Valley of India, thanks to its I.T. industry. It is also called the garden city because of its greenery and gardens.
Here are a few things to do in Bangalore:
- Take a Bangalore Heritage Walk: A 3 hour walk around the city will help you explore its history and culture. This is usually conducted on weekends and is a must for the discerning tourist.
- Visit ISKON Temple: The temple is great way to experience your spiritual side. Start early on Sunday to avoid the crowd. You can buy a special pass that will help you skip the long lines.
- Visit City Market: Located near the Railway station, this market is colourful, interesting and utter mayhem. The crowd and the dirt make it difficult to cruise around. But, it has interesting wares like a huge flower market section that make for a good taste of old Bangalore.
- Go For Bicycle Trips: One can explore Bangalore by hiring bicycles. Join the one day Nrityagram Safari. Nrityagram is a dance school, some 40 km away from the city. Bicycle trips are organized on weekends.
- Enjoy at Wonderla: Wonderla is an amusement park with a huge water park and exciting rides and it can boast of being one of the best in the world. The shakers and mixers and the 4D theatre are top class.
- Have Fun At New Gaming Console Lounge: GameZen lounge is a unique interactive entertainment centre located in Whitefield. It offers console gaming on the latest consoles (Nintendo Wii, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360) set in a plush lounge with all sorts of comforts like bean bags and snacks and soft drinks.
- Trip to Savandurga: It is one of the largest monolith hills in the world. It is 4000 ft above sea level. It is surrounded by Manchanabele dam and Savandurga Forest.
- Visit Bangalore Palace: The palace will charm you with its quiet elegance.
- Spend A Day at Bangalore Turf Club: Set aside one day for the horse races and place bets if you are feeling lucky.
- Get Pampered at Angsana Spa: Located at a distance from the city, it is one of the most luxurious spa experiences in this region.
- Visit Cubbon Park and Lalbagh Gardens: Both are responsible for Bangalore’s name as Garden city. Cubbon Park is a 300 acre oasis of greenery set in the heart of the city. Lalbagh garden and glass house is a historical garden, built by Hyder Ali.
- Bannarghatta National Park: A zoological park featuring attractions like aquarium and Snake Park.
- Go For Hiking At Nandi Hills: Located around 60 km from Bangalore, it is a haven for adventure sports like hiking and rock climbing.
- Taste Masala Dosa with Filter Coffee: Don’t leave Bangalore without sampling local Masala Dosa along with filter coffee. This is a taste you will remember for a long time.
These are some of the things to do around Bangalore. Apart from the usual pub hopping and discos, these places and events help you enjoy more and have great fun in the city. If you are looking for more, you can even download free mobile app to know about the unending list of things one can indulge in and around Bangalore.
Author’s Bio: He is a travel writer from UK. He has travelled to many Indian cities s but finds Bangalore the most interesting and intriguing. He contributes articles on things to do around Bangalore to the website eventshigh.