As you get older, it becomes very important that you take proper care of your body especially skin because it speaks a lot about you. It isn’t very difficult to get that flawless skin with minimal efforts. You could start with making small changes in your food habits and in your lifestyle as it all add up to a healthier body.
Here are a few tips you could easily follow to get that radiant and youthful body-
- Include a lot of vegetables and wholesome grains in your diet.
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day as it helps keep your body hydrated.
- Quit smoking as it not only harms your lungs but also damages your skin.
- Trade your coffee for a cup of green tea as green tea is found to detoxify your body.
- Foods which are rich in vitamins (A & E particularly) like strawberries, blueberries, and cherries should be considered as they help repair the damaged skin cells from within and give your skin that natural glow.
- Try and avoid junk food as much as possible and take snack on roasted and salted nuts; these not only give you instant energy that you need but they are found to be extremely beneficial to your body.
As much as eating right counts in maintaining a healthy body, it sometimes becomes very important to use the right kind of body care products too. For example, never underestimate the need and power of a good sunscreen lotion when you are stepping out in the sun.
What is the importance of these products and do they really work?
The answer to the above question is a definite yes! When used properly, these products are found to have worked wonders. A good moisturizer, cleanser, exfoliating creams, and a sunscreen lotion are some things worth investing on.
- After a long day’s work, no matter how tired you are, use a good cleanser preferably with a milk base to clean and wash away your make up. For elaborate eye make-up, try using baby oil to remove it effortlessly.
- Exfoliate and scrub your skin thrice a week to remove the dead skin and blackheads. It also contributes towards opening up the pores of your skin. This allows the skin to breathe and keeps it healthy.
- Always use a moisturizer as it not only nourishes your skin but also not let it go dry and thereby reduces a lot of problems that dry skin brings with it. Be sure to use a moisturizer even before you put that make up on as it allows the make up to stay longer when you go out. It also comes off easily when you are trying to wash it off.
- Opt for tinted lip balms instead of lipsticks as much as possible as lip balm nourishes and soothes your lips.
- Try for fruit packs or herbal packs the next time you want to get yourself a facial as it is Organic Skin and has no chemicals. It does not harm your skin.
- Invest on a good shampoo that not only suits your hair but has fewer chemicals as well. Always use a conditioner after you shower. It not only helps tame your hair but also doesn’t allow the hair cuticles to dry.
- Give yourself weekly head massages with hot oil. It not only has a soothing effect on your body and nourishes your hair but it also helps keep dandruff at bay too.
At the end of the day, remember to keep that smile on which actually keep those wrinkles away. Have a positive outlook on life as positive thoughts have a calming effect on your body and mind, which matters the most.