Shifting is a herculean task as it involves complex procedures and one has to be careful about nuances of the transportation procedure. The degree of precision and care depends on the equipment required to be shipped.
Sailboats are available in wide variety of sizes and are used for different purpose like recreation, professional or as an asset. Since the sailboat is a big item as well as valuable owing to its price, one has to be doubly sure while transporting it to a different location. One should be careful while choosing from the many sailboat transport companies in the market.
Preparation before shipment of Boat:
- Secure all the loose gears as the company would never own if any damage is caused while transiting. Lock the cabin of the boat or yacht and keep the keys. Never hand over the key of the cabin to the driver.
- Do not forget to remove the drain plugs from the hull. Also, ensure there is no water in bilge during The water should be compulsorily drained from air conditioners, water systems and pumps especially during winters.
- Remove the anchor from the deck and disconnect all the batteries.
- Since the wooden boat can dry out during transit one can apply a layer of linseed oil on the boat before shipping.
- The canvas covers on the boats should also be removed as they have sure shot chances of flying or tearing out.
- Apart from internal parts of the boat, one should not forget to remove external accessories like a horn, flag, radar, electronics, hailers, antenna and lights as they can easily get damaged during
One should be vigilant while choosing the best sailboat shipping company for transportation. There are various parameters which one needs to consider while making the final decision. The rates for freight services play a pivotal role as people are mostly looking for a company which offers competitive rates along with satisfactory services.
Here are some essential points to be considered while choosing a transporter for sailboat:
- One should research about the experience and market reputation of the transporter as it helps in trusting the company.
- Discuss terms and conditions of the process in advance to avoid any miscommunication later on.
- Ask for the door to door services from origin to final destination.
- Check the insurance coverage details beforehand to be clear in the case of any calamity or damage during the transit.