Your roofing system is perhaps one of the most important parts of your home. It shields you from the harsh attacks of nature, and secures you and your family every day of the week.
With prices of everything increasing today today, roofers like us make it a point to offer high-quality services at an accessible price. One of the roofing options we offer is a flat roof. As its name suggests, this type of roof is laid horizontally with a minor incline. Know more about the ins and outs of using a flat roof for your home with us!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Installing a Flat Roof on Your Home
If you are considering to install a flat roof on your home, you need to be aware of the benefits and disadvantages that come with it. Here are some of the pros and cons of flat roof installation that you should know before making your final decision:
Advantages of Using a Flat Roof
- Cost – One of the biggest advantages to choosing a flat roof is the cost. Since the materials and the cost of installation of a flat roof are cheaper compared to other types of roofs, you can use your remaining money to purchase other important products instead of using them all on your roof.
- Usable Space – Having a flat roof can increase the livable space in a household. It also makes way for the installation of entertaining spaces like patios and rooftop decks.
- Easier Maintenance – Cleaning is infinitely easier with a flat roof. You can clean your gutters and enforce a more consistent maintenance if you choose to install a flat roof.
Disadvantages of Flat Roof Installation
- Constant Maintenance – Since the flat roof isn’t inclined, there is no way for the water to flow naturally from the top. Dirty water can pave the way for health hazards, clogged drains, and debris. To avoid these, you need to constantly check your flat roof for damages.
- Durability – In most cases, a flat roof is less durable than its counterparts. The fact that it doesn’t naturally drain decreases the life expectancy of this product.
- Less Material Options – Since a flat roof is relatively new in the roofing industry, the materials used in this product are not as accessible as others. This means that you will have fewer options in designing your dream home with a flat roof.
Let Us Help You Install Your Coveted Flat Roof!
Are you set on installing a flat roof for your home? We have been in the roofing industry for years, so we know the ins and outs of this business down to the nitty-gritty. Let us be your partner in flat roof installation and maintenance. Contact your friendly neighborhood roofing contractor today!
Written by True Son Exteriors, the best contractor for roofing in Columbia, MO.