You would not simply throw the special thing in a box just as it is and think it will not be damaged in any way, right? In the similar way, you need to be very careful when you are preparing your car for its auto transport move.
Auto transport companies usually require that you well prepare the vehicle before they come to pick it up. So, here are the basic steps to take, which will assist you in preparing the car.
- Prior to the vehicle hauling, your car has to be inspected. And, of course, you must be present for the inspection since this is the time when you will have to sign the lading bill as well as the vehicle condition report.
- The car should be in working condition, working properly. Few car shipping companies will also agree to move the inoperable vehicles, but for only an additional fee. So, it is a good thing to service the car before the vehicle is shipped to make sure that everything is fine.
- Before you load the car, always inflate the tires to the ideal pressure. This as to be done in order to ensure the safe loading as well as unloading without any damage being caused to the tires.
- Also, check for the antifreeze levels in order to safeguard the vehicle in the severe weather conditions.
- Never forget to totally empty the vehicle. Law prohibits keeping behind items in the vehicle when it is being transported or moved. Only the items necessary for the vehicle to function, like the jacks or spare tires are allowed. So, in the case, you happen to leave behind any other goods in the trunk of the vehicle or elsewhere else and they get damaged, the auto transporting company will not be liable for it.
- You also will need to have set of keys for shippers when the vehicle is picked up.
- All roof racks and antennas should be taken off.
- If the device you own happens to have an EZ-Pass or other automated device for toll-paying, it should be removed from the car.
- If the vehicle has any connected to alarm system, you need to disable it before handing it over to the auto transporter so that the alarm does not get activated when the car is in transit.
These simple dos and don’ts will ensure a safe transport of your vehicle without any complications and damages.