Most online users use search engines to find what they want. Due to this, online sites want to get a higher ranking from the search engines so as to appear on the first page thus increasing traffic to the site. There are basically two ways of achieving this; Google Adwords and SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Not a lot of people know how these two usually function to increase rankings. There are basically two terms that are used in these two methods; organic and paid. The main question that people tend to ask is will Google Adwords win over SEO eventually? This can be easily answered once a person understands the functionality of the two.
For this case a website has to convince the Google search engine that it is more relevant in regards to the searched word. This is usually what is referred to as organic. In most cases when using Google the site is usually listed on the lower parts of the page. The interested sites usually bid against each other in order to appear on the page of the searched keyword. The biding is usually based on cost per click and keyword biding. For the case of cost per click, it is the amount that the website is willing to pay when the site is clicked.
In this case, the prefix Ad is referring to the actual products and services that the site provides. Once a keyword is searched the Ads that comprises of the same keyword are triggered thus initiating the process. During biding the site chooses a specific keyword that seems relevant. In some cases this is what is referred to as a paid search.
For the site to appear Google uses five main protocols so as to display a certain site. The protocols include;
• Exact match – just as the name suggests the sites are usually triggered if the keyword searched upon is exactly as the keywords being bid.
• Phrase match – in this case the sites are triggered when the whole keyword phrase that the user is searching matches with the keywords that the sites are biding.
• Modified phrase match – as opposed to the prior protocol for this case the sites are triggered if any of the keyword phrases appear in any order with the keywords bid.
• Broad match – this case dwells on similarity. If the keywords tend to be similar to the ones the bid the sites are then triggered.
• Negative match – it acts the exact opposite from the exact match. For this case the site has a negative word and if the word is searched the site is then excluded.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
For this case Google uses several formulas to determine whether the site is relevant and has the necessary information. In order to receive a higher ranking from these methods there are some important factors that should be addressed.
• Uses of relevant keywords – choose a keyword that you want your site to be ranked highly on. The keyword should be used regularly in the website.
• Links – incorporate several links that point to the webpage. This will increase the number of users visiting the site therefore increasing the rank in Google.
• Increase the presence of the site in social media – social media sites are highly gaining fame and putting the sites present on these sites will enable Google to rank the site higher. Try and get many comments likes and shares. This is also a mode of advertising.
• Have interesting items on the site – include other media like pictures and videos. This also tends to attract more visitors to the site as opposed to having a plain site.
Most people tend to prefer the use of SEO mainly since it is much cheaper and with the right keyword density and an informative site it will increase the ranking easily. Adwords however tend to better for beginners so that they can at least make their sites known but at the end they always come back to the use of SEO’s.
The main advantage of the use of SEO’s to get a higher ranking is due to the fact that when compared to Adwords it has a high click to sale conversion rate. This means that around four percent of the people that click on the site tend to buy something as opposed to the two percent that click on Adword sites. This is the main reason as to why most people opt for the use of SEO.